Eclipse Metals Ltd holds over 531 km2 of iron exploration ground in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
The Moonford Iron project
The Moonford Iron project is located approximately 13 kilometres from Monto Township rail-line, about 133 rail kilometres from the port of Gladstone.
- There is approximately 18 sq km of favourable iron bearing lithology (Evergreen Formation – Oolitic ironstone) within the EL area.
- There are over 18 historical percussion holes intersecting limonite mineralisation below 2 m of overburden with assays ranging from 30.42% to 40.29% Fe.
- The project is approximately 13 kilometres from Monto Township rail-line, and around 133 rail kilometres from the port of Gladstone.
Figure 2. Moonford Iron Project Regional Geology showing the Iron Target Zones
The West Bachelor Iron Project
- The West Bachelor Iron Project desktop data review outlined the highly prospective nature of the Mt Tolmer and Tabletop Iron prospects.
- The Mt Tolmer historical rock chip program has yielded iron assay up to 61.8% Fe from surface along with 20% to 40% Fe over the Tabletop prospect.
- Historical metallurgical studies conducted during the 1970’s over the Tabletop Prospect indicate magnetic beneficiation of the iron mineralisation appears feasible